A microtrend is a trend that few designers embrace or is contained to a region. Today we are exploring how the men fire jacket became a microtrend that hit the runway.
By Yvette E
courtesy of french Vogue
The singular reflective stripe that helps firemen see each other in a 4 alarm blaze was seen on the runways of Calvin Klein, Junya Wannabe and Burberry.
Here is why:
- There has been a rise in fires including the one burning through California right now. There is a trend for fashion to address issues in our lifes such as how the #metoo moment increased feministic graphic tees. At least this time, it’s tasteful.
- Hero Worship: The fact that superheroes are now everywhere, it seems humanity has a love for selflessness. Firefighters are real life heros so why not pay homage to them.
Rocking this trend
1. Wear it with loose fitting pants. Baggy jeans will work but nothing skinny.
2. Try bright sneakers to make the jacket pop. If you can’t, just avoid black shoes or sneakers if wearing black pants.
3. Wear a hoodie like a top and be double warm. If you feel uneasy about wearing a hoodie alone, pair with an Henley.
Happy Monday 💋