The basic white tee does not have to be in every closet nor the LBD. Here how your personal style should affect your choice of basics.
By Yvette E
The reality is that everyone needs an effortless piece of clothing that can be thrown on at the last minute and still look put together: that is the miracle of the basic.
However, some magazines have taken the concept so far that if you bought all the basics on the list, your wardrobe would be well basic. So we need to add another definition to basic.
It should also be clothes in your comfort zone. So now we have effortless style within your comfort zone. So a causal dresser will not need a trench coat in thier closet nor a LBD where a super posh girl would never own a plain white tee.
- Outer wear – Hoodie or Jean Jacket
- Shoes – plain white sneaker, slip on sneakers
- Clothes – cargos, jeans, white tee, sporty dress (for dressing up)
- bag – duffel, backpack
- jewelry – signet necklace, stud earrings
You probably have most of these items in your closet and safe to say they are all in your comfort zone. The idea is finding away to make them the base of your outfit and build from there.
- Outerwear – cardigan
- Shoes – ballet flats, mary janes
- Clothes – tulle skirt, cropped tee, wide leg pants, lace dress
- bag – crossbody
- Accessories – headbands, hair clips, collars, charm bracelets
I had a collection of cardigans at one time and still love my tulle skirt collection. A tulle skirt and a sweat shirt is instance winter charm for me!
- Outerwear – leather jacket, custom jean jacket
- Shoes – combat boots, platforms
- Clothes – ripped jeans, concert tee, bustier, LBD (little black dress)
- Bag – satchel, kitch bags
- Accessories – studded belts, earrings, waist chain
You can see that these items should be in your wardrobe and the basic is really the base of an outfit. Your basic should be based on your style and no one elses.
Let 2022 be the year you discover your personal style!!