For the past several years people have been looking for small pieces to go with the exaggerated features of clothing (most recently, sleeves were added to this list) but with the return of simple styles like a new cold shoulder and loose blouse styles; big is having a moment.
So here is a rundown of the jewelry trends we are all be rocking this summer, on the beach and in the office:
These new updated looks are more subdued then past styles relaying on bulk chains and oversized pendants as focal points. There are also more likely to feature stones than the metal counterparts in the 90s.
How to wear:
- Keep the top simple and stay away from exaggerated features (like those statement sleeves)
- Keep neckline high, too low and clevage will fight for attention. Why bother wear a necklace?
- Stay away from layering, too much clothes ruins the look.
We love statement earrings because they are the easiest trend to wear. This time, earrings are less about sparkle and more about color, shape and form. The idea is to make an artistic expression.
How to wear:
- No hair accessories
- Try to keep hair away from face with a sleek pony or a bun. Braids work as well for a more adventurous look.
- Finally, be cautious about weight and size. If you have small lobes, stick to plexiglass varieties because they are lighter.